Welcome welcome page Zoom Room Zoom logo ToDoodles Jamboard logo Calculator scientific calculator on Desmos       valid HTML 4.01
Skill Topics
Shapeshifting Topic Mad  Science Topic Justice Topic Typicality Study Skills
Application Topics
Playgrounds Health Decisions Topic Personal Finance Decisions Topic Business Decisions Topic
Being a Mather Class Library LCC Resources Achievements

Math OER
 Turn In Problems 
 Health Decisions — Food Preparation 

The greatest reward for a student is not a good grade. It is the willingness of his teacher to listen to him.

- Nikolay Konstantinov

homework turn in box You attempted the ten exercises for this topic. Those problems did not have an answer key. Use this form to ask me how well you did.

Before using this page, you should have your homework completed on paper. This page is only for submitting your homework. To be short and concise it lacks any diagrams, pictures, or tables needed to work the problems.

Answer every question. Then use the button at the bottom of the page to create a code by processing your answers. Copy-and-paste the code into an e-mail.

1. A recipe that makes 8 servings requires 1.5 pounds of scallions. How many pounds of scallions should you purchase if you are scaling up the recipe to make 30 servings?

0.4 pounds 2.5 pounds 5.6 pounds 160 pounds

2. One gallon of whole milk weighs 8.6 pounds. What is the weight of 6.5 cups of whole milk?

0.76 pounds 1.32 pounds 3.5 pounds 12.1 pounds 55.9 pounds

3. One cup of uncooked long-grain brown rice weighs 7.2 ounces. What is the weight (in pounds) of one gallon of uncooked long-grain rice?

0.45 pounds 2.2 pounds 7.2 pounds 35.6 pounds 115.2 pounds

4. Express 2.88 cups as 2 cups and some tablespoons.

2 cups, 5 Tbsp 2 cups, 7 Tbsp 2 cups, 10 Tbsp 2 cups, 14 Tbsp

5. Express 6.15 cups as 6 cups and some teaspoons.

6 cups, 3 tsp 6 cups, 4 tsp 6 cups, 5 tsp 6 cups, 7 tsp

6. After scaling up a recipe you get 19 teaspoons of cinnamon. Express this amount in tablespoons and teaspoons.

4 Tbsp, 1 tsp 4 Tbsp, 3 tsp 6 Tbsp, 1 tsp 6 Tbsp, 2 tsp

7. You purchase 20 pounds of celery. How much trimmed celery can you expect this to make?

6 pounds 14 pounds 29 pounds

8. Imagine that you are preparing a large meal for a non-profit fundraiser. Your task is to make the provided meal for 60 people. Find how much of each ingredient you need to purchase, keeping in mind the yield percent for produce...

you will need 19.5 pounds of onions total
you will need 22 pounds of onions total
you will need 122 pounds of onions total
you will need 137 pounds of onions total

9. Use this list of prices to find the total price for the recipes after scaling all three recipes to 60 servings.

cauliflower will cost $37.88
heavy cream will cost $64.58
liquid milk will cost $2.65
spinach will cost $86.77

10. An elementary school fundraiser includes serving ice cream. The school has a very good idea how much ice cream is needed because it has hosted this event for many years There will be 300 guests attending. 60% of the guests will want a half-cup serving, and the remaining 40% will want one cup of ice cream. As for flavors, 50% of the servings will be vanilla, 30% will be chocolate, and 20% will be strawberry. How many gallons of each flavor ice cream will need to be bought?

6.6 gallons vanilla 9.4 gallons vanilla 17 gallons vanilla 90 gallons vanilla